- Arriving to find the floor all done and being just giddy over how well it turned out.
- Sighing with dismay at the layer of fine dust all over everything in the house (oh, the joys of remodeling).
- Spending my first night in the new house on the floor - sharing a blanket with a very adorable, very loud, snoring princess.
- Having to scoop a number-two (Hannah's) out of the main floor powder room and rush it to a working toilet (we have to get a plumber in to reinstall the toilet that the floor guys removed. They take it off, but don't put it back. Nice, huh?)
- Calling Josh about every eight minutes to see how much longer until he gets here.
- Unpacking 5,069,874 boxes and still not being done.
- Not seeing my children for hours because they are too busy recreating Lord of the Flies in the backyard.
- Having a schizophrenic dial tone. Sometimes we have one; sometimes we don't.
- Waiting hours as the genius Direct TV installer man attempts to make my t.v. work.
- Watching helplessly as said genius Direct TV installer man leaves without finishing the job.
- Calling Direct TV installers and be given yet another four-hour window in which to wait for a genius installer man to finish what earlier genius installer man did not.
- Waiting all day for the new bar stools and kitchen table to be delivered.
- Finally getting them and then grumbling because they are too tall for the bar.
- Not figuring this out until after the delivery truck has sped away.
- Having cupboards in my kitchen that are actually empty (because I finally have enough cupboard space!) as opposed to being crammed to capacity.
- Meeting the new neighbors with Chase's mohawk still rockin'. Klassy, no? It is gone tomorrow, I swear.
All in all, it's good to be home. Here in our home. It just makes me so happy.
Oh! And DCR Mom at Musings of a Housewife, nominated me for a little bloggy award while I was gone. I am flattered and thrilled to be a part! You really ought to pop over to her blog if you don't know her already. She's a keeper. Thanks, friend!