Chase has been taking tae kwan do lessons for a few months now. He absolutely loves it. Through a thick Korean accent, Grand Master Rho has the kids repeat, over and over, the words, "Yes, I can!" It's a mantra that Chase has readily adopted to fit his 'just try and stop me' personality.
So, in honor of that, I thought I would give you some of the lessons I learned this week, in "yes, I can" style.
Because it's my blog, and, well, because I can.
Clicked off to hunt for free porn yet?
No? Good. Here goes. Things I learned this week:
- I can survive two field trips in one week, even when one of them is spent chasing down other people's
annoyingwandering children at the zoo in the pouring rain.
- I can recover from poison ivy. (Though can anyone tell me why the rash is gone but I am still itchy?)
- I can clean out the kids' bedrooms and throw away five bags of plastic crap (all of which I am sure they will never miss).
- I can tell the random caller from one campaign that I am currently undecided.
- I can then field two phone calls per day, and one front porch visit in an attempt to sway my vote.
- I can decide to never again admit that I am undecided.
- I can enjoy my workouts again, thanks to a new TV season.
- I can order my Christmas cards in October (please don't hate me. I'm diseased. I can't help it).
- I can pay other people's children to smile for me in photographs.
- I can actually watch general conference and not take a nap. Go me.
What did you learn this week?