Here is a small sample of some of the things I 'effed up on this week:
- Threw out important work papers left on the table by the Husband. They had notes all over them that he needed for an important client meeting. Notes with language and words that were CRITICAL to his work for the client. Oops.
- Totally blanked on helping in a classroom at school, thereby stressing out one of my children.
- Threw something in the oven and completely forgot about it until the smoke alarms went off.
- Forgot to prep my child on a cub scout assignment which left him stammering and embarrassed in front of a room full of people.
- Yelled at my child for being out of bed, then discovered his reason for being out of bed was the throwing up he was doing in the bathroom.
- Spaced on being the tooth fairy and got caught in the act of leaving the money.
- Foolishly assumed that buying bite-sized sugar cookies would enable me to have just a nibble and feel satisfied. Not true, for you see, COOKIES ARE LIKE HEROIN. And I cannot stay away from them, no matter how hard I try. Is there rehab for cookie addicts?
- Ignored one child's seemingly vague request that he needed drumsticks for music at school, then got mad at him for not being more specific. Although, it's hard to be much more specific than, "I need drumsticks for music at school."
She's home sick with the strep, and I have just consented to watch all the Barbie movies while cuddling her hot, feverish body on the couch.
I'm pretty sure I deserve it.