Today's post comes to you courtesy of my children and their inability to cover things when heating them up in the microwave.
You know that popping sound you hear when heating up leftover pizza? It seriously sends terror and chills down my spine.
Sort of like that scene in Sleeping With the Enemy when Julia Roberts' character hears the Symphonie Fantastique and just knows that she has been found by her brute of a husband and is about to be killed.
Yeah. Cheese exploding in the microwave does the same thing to me.
And since I figured out a solution that was better than death to the children, I will share it with you here. So that your children may also live to see another day.
Step one: Microwave some water in a cup for 3-4 minutes. More if your microwave is
Step two: Let it sit without opening the microwave door for 2-3 minutes. Choosing to spend this time lecturing your children on the importance of paper towels over plates they heat up might be a good idea.
Step three: Open the microwave, and wipe it down. You'll find the melted food comes right off.
Step four: Lecture the children one more time in the vain hope that this time it will sink in. Then find a strange desire to re-watch Sleeping With the Enemy.
Your turn. What you got this week?